Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Baby Girl"




We are in love. I find that having a girl is not much different than taking care of my little boys. Only yeah, except I smile everytime I get to put on another pink frilly outfit or pick out a matching hair accessory. Jared adores her. My favorite moment in the hospital was when I looked over and saw him holding her for the first time. You could see the love radiating in his face as looked at her. I smile to think she has him wrapped around her little finger already. The boys are still uncertain about the whole girl thing. However, the big boys have been amazing babysitters and love to hold her on their laps while they watch cartoons. Austin gives her at least 10 kisses on the forehead everyday. He is learning to share mommy's lap. I think he's just glad mommy "has" a lap again. Thank Heavens for Granny and Grandpa who have been helping entertain kids, fix meals, and clean up. We are very blessed to have them around for 2 weeks.
Thank you to all the friends and family who have sent well wishes and congratulations! Eliza has been warmly welcomed to this world...welcome baby girl. We love you.

6 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures! We love her so much already. Beautiful Eliza. What a blessing! Congratulations, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Emily! I am so glad you sent me this link!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do and as soon as your mom leaves I am bringing you a meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful. I can't believe that hair!! I love that first picture of her all surrounded by pink - enjoy that little face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she totally looks like Emily, with black hair. Oh all that hair makes me smile. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete